Voice over IP (VoIP), also known as voice over telephony, sends and receives voice and multimedia data via the Internet Protocol (IP). It is the modern version of analog and digital voice transmissions. Any business that opts for VoIP hosting opts for cloud services. Any business that opts for cloud services will require one or more strategies for integrating VoIP application services.
The awesome use of the cloud to deliver VoIP services means voice and multimedia sharing can be delivered from a cloud-based network. As a result, high-bandwidth usage is no longer an issue, allowing the streaming of VoIP applications such as SightSpeed, Skype, WengoPhone, Apple iChat, and SIPphone Gizmo Project. The applications are also cross-platform compatible within the cloud environment, which allows Apple, Microsoft, Linux, and other operating systems and platforms to coexist.
VoIP Integration Strategies
Knowing this, what strategies should a business formulate to increase earnings potential and productivity? The following are five strategies for integrating VoIP application services while improving operations and enhancing the performance of products and services:
- Use VoIP Application Services to Increase Your Business’ Mobility. VoIP mobility refers to the concept of convergence, which in turn refers to combining different technologies and devices into a single network.
- Use VoIP Application Services to Deploy Voicemail-to–E-mail Functionality. Streamline communications to allow a single platform of delivery for voicemail, e-mail, video conferencing, IP television, fax, texting, interactive whiteboards, SMS, and other applications.
- Integrate Customizable Features. Enable music on hold, call forwarding, and “find-me-anywhere” features as well as host of other features that are easily supported by cloud computing—without slowing down system performance.
- Allow Multidevice Integration for Collaborative Telephone Services. Tablets, personal computers, laptops, smartphones, servers, and more can provide access to the same cloud-based information and data.
- Implement the “Pay as You Go” Option. Pay only for the VoIP features and services you use, instead of spending on a flat-rate basis for services and usage you do not require.
- Consolidate Network and Hybrid Systems into a Single Network. Reduce costs by alleviating the need for additional hardware, personnel training (because of hosted VoIP provider services), and multiple types of software-management applications.
The list goes on as the brainstorming continues to plan and develop the set of custom strategies that will benefit the business’ operations output.
Another great feature of integrating VoIP application services is the list of back-office applications that the hosted VoIP provider offers. Connectors are prepackaged middleware for translating between specific software applications. Proprietary database products, for example, will not be compatible with products of other proprietors, unless a special connector is purchased and configured. There are also connectors for VoIP data mining, to automate phone services, to integrate document-management systems, for information retrieval, for Microsoft Dynamics data searches, for speech-enabled auto-attendants, and more.
Strategies require many different inputs to determine the usefulness of the implementation. When successful, VoIP integration strategies will aid decision makers in setting priorities and taking the appropriate actions to maximize the return on investment and allow for the continuous improvement of business processes.
VoIP provides solutions for unified communications in real time as well as non–real time that produce a unique combination of communication services to optimize business productivity, including speech recognition, integrated voicemail, e-mail, video calls, and a wide variety of other media.
About VorTech Services, INC
VorTech Services, INC, is a leading provider of Hosted Phone Systems (“Hosted PBX”) and Voice over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) services for emerging growth and mid-sized businesses based in the United States. VorTech makes buying or upgrading a business phone system extremely cost effective, easy to manage, and even reduces monthly telecommunications expenses. Our platform offers better scalability and business continuity options compared to customer premise based phone systems. We provide the lowest total cost of ownership by eliminating the need for customers to buy expensive hardware and software that usually resides in a phone closet. Expensive service contracts are also a thing of the past. VorTech seamlessly interconnects multiple offices and mobile workers with our national footprint, and we have the perfect calling plan to meet virtually any business requirement.